- Operational Performance Improvement
- Programme Management
As a Manager at BFY Group, John partners with our clients to deliver transformation and performance improvement - focussing on operational improvement, strategic and regulatory programme delivery, and process design and implementation.
John has 8+ years' experience in Utilities, Financial Services and the Public Sector. John has led key operational teams and multiple successful improvement initiatives and transformation programmes, across different organisations, as a management consultant and business leader.
John has worked with numerous large organisations, such as E.ON, EDF Energy, SSE, Thames Water, Centrica, BP, The Department of Health, Western Power Distribution, and Capital One Europe Plc.
Most recently, John has been a Senior Programme Manager in Capital One’s UK business. In this role, John was responsible for the delivery of business-wide readiness activity, in preparation for the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Consumer Duty regulation. John also led Capital One’s Customer Outcomes programme, delivering strategic improvements in customer experience and service.
Examples of John's previous work include:
- Delivering a comprehensive collections strategy, vision, and transformation roadmap to drive collections improvements and Covid-19 resilience for both domestic and business customers, at one of the largest UK energy suppliers. This included introducing new segmentation, treatment approaches, and data sources, to tailor operational activity for specific customer demographics
- Designing and implementing an innovation process, and accompanying migration to a new CRM system, to evaluate and integrate innovations in data and data science. This was for a key government health department involved in the fight against Covid-19
- Performing a detailed review and diagnostic of operational complaints processes for a UK broadband and energy supplier. This delivered a comprehensive programme of process improvements, and areas for issue remediation to improve customer service and increase sales
- Leading operational resource planning for a large UK energy supplier, across six different front-office and back-office contact centres. This drove operational performance both internally and with domestic and international outsource partners, to support delivery of offshore work transformation and transition